Thursday, October 26, 2006

Dog Bites Man, Gas At $2.45 (and 2.01 in Tucson)

Another price drop leaves gas at my favorite station in Seattle at $2.45 per gallon. Family members, recently in Tucson, AZ, reported gas being sold for $2.01. These price drops are suspicious and rapid, and as such, I strongly think that a senate investigation is warranted considering that Exxon reports record profits at around $10 billion. It's one thing to post record profits while gas prices are at record highs, but to post profits while gas prices drop? That's just sinister. It suggests to me that oil companies might really be making their money selling rock cocaine, meth or even heroin on the black market.

In an unscientific poll done by USA Today, a whopping 82% of respondents believe that oil company profits should be "regulated". No definition of how, or to what extent this should occur. I've said it before, I'll say it again: The more I know of my fellow man, the less I trust him to vote.

Update 10/27/06: Gas selling for $2.43 at the aforementioned station.

Gas prices in the Seattle area have dropped to a one year low:


Chart courtesy of SeattleGasPrices.com

No comments: